How to Get More Links with Effective SEO Copywriting
If you want your site to achieve a higher position in the search engines, then getting more outbound links is essential. Without relevant, targeted links coming back to your site, it gets difficult to get ranked for your targeted keywords.
While there are many blackhat and greyhat ways of acquiring backlinks to a website, none of them work to give you long term results.
So if you are looking out to build links consistently without really getting into the bad books of the search engines – you need to work on the way you present your content with effective SEO copywriting.
Given below are 3 tips to help you get more link juice by organizing your content the right way.
#1. Make It Scannable – People no longer read pages on the web, they scan them. They’re becoming power skimmers that love going through content at their own pace, without really ‘reading’ anything. So how do you really make your content scannable?
- Images that are relevant to the topic
- Bullet points that help you put your point across
- Layout and color to make your page stand out
- Language that is not too complicated and is devoid of any jargon
You should by all means make your page look presentable and easy to consume.
#2. Use a Headline Formula – Some online marketers literally rack their brains to create the best headline for their post or article. But why make it complicated? There are proven headline formulas out there that you can use for your own headlines. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel – just use what is tried and tested. The following headline formulas always tend to work:
- Make a direct statement with your headline minus all the bells and whistles. Keep it simple and straightforward.
- Ask a question with your headline so that it makes your prospects curious about what you’re offering. Something that makes them want to read further.
- Create a how-to style headline, which almost always works. It’s a formula that is successfully used by magazines like Cosmopolitan, so why not you?
There are many more ways to create awesome headlines. Just find a formula that works for you and go for it.
#3. Include Visuals – Understand the power of using the right visuals in your content. Every visual that you include makes your content more memorable and easy to digest. If you look around, you’ll find that the most linked content usually contains visuals that make sense. Visuals don’t have to be complicated, you can use things like:
- Bars, graphs and charts
The whole idea of using visuals is to make your content more appealing, thus getting it more shares across social media sites and attracting natural, relevant backlinks. This ultimately helps you achieve your goal of building targeted backlinks that last.
Remember, the more you focus on giving value to your readers, the more your content spreads. And by including quality visuals, you actually give them real value.
How do you use SEO copywriting to make your content link worthy? Do share your ideas in the comments section below!